WildFox is both its own project in addition to reimagining what Mozilla's Firefox web browser stood for, years ago: a light-weight, versatile and efficient web browser. It's also cross-platform and compatible with Chrome & Firefox plug-ins and addons.
WildFox is built upon a WebKit/Qt/C++ foundation and currently supports the following features:
- Support for all Firefox plugins (NPAPI).
- Basic tab management.
Note that WildFox is very much a work in progress at this point. Major features still to be added include:
- Advanced bookmark management
- Advanced tab management
- Advanced download manager
Features new in build 2013-05-19 are:
- Added the OpenSSL libeay32 and ssleay32 DLLs to the Windows distribution.
- Larger, auto-expanding search field in UI.
- Save state of the bookmarks sidebar.
- Website icons next to bookmarks.
- History support. URL completion in address bar (start with protocol).
- Moved to Qt 5.1.
Fixed in 2013-05-19:
- F5 for reload isn't working.
- Downloads aren't working.
You can download the current Alpha build here. Either get the full version or the update (exe-only) if you already have the Qt 5.1 DLLs.
Windows 32-bit, 21.4 MB ZIP archive, UPX-packed.
Windows 32-bit, 142 kB archive. EXE-only.
Source code is found at GitHub: https://github.com/MayaPosch/WildFox
Compile using qmake & make against the Qt 5.0+ libraries. There are no platform-specific requirements beyond those of the Qt libraries. Please leave feedback if you try it on a new platform.
For those on IRC, there's a support channel at irc.rizon.net, #WildFox.
Your donations are important to keeping this project active. Please show your appreciation by donating any amount. Thanks!